1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Power Wagon with a plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by PWDan, Feb 1, 2016.

1. PWDan

PWDan Junior Member

Okay guys, I've been plowing for the last 20 years and have typically had a designated plow truck. Unfortunately my 2000 Chevy 2500HD has seen better days and aside from the fact that the frame is crumbling, the Trans went on the first driveway I did 2 weeks ago. I'm now looking for a plow to put on my daily driver, which is a 2010 Power Wagon and nobody seems to know if it can even be done. The only issue that I think could arise is the factory winch and the frame mount for the plow. I've looked at other 2500 and 3500s between 2010 and 2012 and the frame looks identical. Unfortunately I haven't had a frame mount to test fit and see if my winch is going to be in the way. With that, I'm trying to find out what years a Western or Fisher frame and wire harness are interchangeable? Is it 2010 to 2012 or will a 2008 frame mount fit but not the wire harness? Nobody seems to be able to answer me. I asked on the Power Wagon Forum and I just go "good luck" and "let us know what happens". I would think someone would have put a plow on one of these things! Any help or guidance as to where I should look would be great. Thanks guys

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Someone just posted one recently. I think he put a snow ex on it but I could be wrong

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

A guy posted one here a couple of months ago. 2013 or 2014. Bright yellow I believe. His winch was not in the way of his Fisher (I believe) operated fine with winch and everything else still in tact.

4. PWDan

PWDan Junior Member

Thanks Guys, that's one of my questions. Did they change the frame in 2013? I think 2010 to 2012 are the same because I have a friend with a 2012 3500 and his frame is identical and frame just looking at it, it looked like his Fisher frame mount would clear my winch. I think they changed suspension in 2013 but I'm not sure if the frame changed at all. I know there's issues with the PW springs being softer than the standard 2500 but I have a 2" leveling kit and if need be ill put HD 2500 springs in it. I'm also wondering if the later 3rd Gen frames were the same. Like from 2008 to 2012?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

6. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Frame changed in 2014 I thought?