1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Polaris Sportsman XP 550

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by larryhd, Aug 10, 2010.

1. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

best plow and winch for this bike? any feed back will help thanks

2. phdfishhead

phdfishhead Junior Member
    from WI

plow

I got a 60" polaris glacier II v plow on my 800 that I like and suits my needs

3. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

The 60" Glacier 2 and a 2500LB Polaris winch will work just fine.

4. phdfishhead

phdfishhead Junior Member
    from WI

winch

And have Polaris 3500 lb winch...glad I got the extra power.

5. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

I had a 60" glacier and a MANUAL lift for the first year, I probably would not recommend that. Unless you want one big arm...

6. 09' XP 850

09' XP 850 Junior Member

I have a 3500 lb Warn winch with the sythetic rope, but im unsure as to which blade to buy, Im thinking of the Moose system, but in a 72" or a 60" blade...?

7. Seismic_Pirate

Seismic_Pirate Junior Member

I've got a 2010 550 XP EPS and bought a 60" Moose straight blade. Just finished assembling it 20 minutes ago. It came missing 22 parts (mostly nuts and bolts), the section that came pre-assembled was assembled backward and 15 of the 22 parts they sent me in the mail afterward, were the wrong damn size. I'm not terribly excited with the folks in Janesville, WI, tonight.

Anyway, all the research I did prior to purchasing pointed toward a 60" blade and a Glacier II system if you have the $$. The Moose was several hundred cheaper, but I paid for part of that in aggravation, extra hardware and even a little re-engineering tonight. We'll see how she plows in a month or two..