1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Plowing Video "Trailer" -- Merrimac Mill

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Mar 4, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, I haven't finished the real video yet, I haven't got enough footage that I'm happy enough with yet for the real video. But I keep getting asked by people I know and through PM's on here when it will be done. So I took this little short piece of it and put it up on youtube for everyone till I finish the real one.

I kind of tried going in a format of a commercial for like a ice road truckers show or something. I know.... as if anyone cares that the video is of new people and storms... haha It just made it seem a little more serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjFpY-XEGg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNjFpY-XEGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNjFpY-XEGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE "trailer" Can't wait for the "movie"

3. merrimacmill

from MA

Haha, thanks. I know it sounds a little redilcous, but I just really wanted to get something up there to show and since I won't have the video done for another month at least, I thought I should at least put a part of it up.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

raising the bar I see..:nod:

music and editing went great.

5. Supersnow

Supersnow Member

Cool start.... still waiting for you to hang somthing on the back of that 7040!!!! checkout this website,http://snokontrol.com/links.php talked to a rep yesterday at a show and he said they would build one for the back of my M108 and use tractor hydraulics for actuation...

"my two sons clearing the pond for Hockey 10 years ago!!!"

PC280014.jpg

6. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Thats a sweet video trailer. Are you going to use this as a form of advertisement?

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I honestly think we should all email discovery and get them to make a snow plowing series-like pick a couple different companies and spend the season with them. That would be so awesome!

8. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

nice clip cant wait to see the rest :drinkup:

9. merrimacmill

from MA

No, I don't plan on it. I mean if someone sees it, it wouldn't be bad. But I hired a professional multimedia company to shoot and edit a promo video to be used for advertisement. This one was all done by me, except that one picture of the tractor with the snow flying all around it was taken by him.

10. merrimacmill

from MA

I've been saying that for so many years! That is where the inspiration for the format of this came from. I keep thinking what the commercial would look like, and this is kind of what I came up with. Within my abilities of shooting and editing of course.

11. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

That would be a pretty cool show. You should send them an email with the video and see what they say.

12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Well I am going to drop them an email sometime and suggest it! I think you nailed it with the video! I like the transtions you used from picture to video

13. merrimacmill

from MA

Yes, I will be sending a couple emails around.

14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice video preview!!

15. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Great Video clip. Your videos are great I always look forward to them. What editing software do you use to edit your clips. Good luck with everything! Thanks for posting.

16. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

damn i like i especially loved where that black truck came in and showed u how its done im gonna root for him in the new series lol

17. merrimacmill

from MA

I use the newest version (not sure what number that is) of iMovie for Mac. Its just the standard video software that comes on a mac when you buy it.

18. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Are you still working on the video?

19. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

New Video?