1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 mega v poll--issue free/issues--

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Jan 11, 2010.

?

How has the blade been this year??? 09-10

Poll closed Jul 30, 2010.
  1. SERIES SW1

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. SERIES SW2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. FLAWLESS

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  4. SLIGHT ISSUE --NO DOWN TIME

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. SOME ISSUES -- SMALL DOWN TIME

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. BIG ISSUES -- MAJOR DOWN TIME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. MEGA ISSUES -- BLADE HAS NEVER WORKED RIGHT!!!!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

So here we are in the second season of the Mega V..... So far I have been very pleased with the product, with this said I did have a few small issues out of the gate last season. This season the blade has been flawless and I have done nothing to it. So am I the only one ???? Lets have a poll with Mega V owners only!!!!

We all know too well about the revo and its horror stories........ No need on repeating the obvious!!!!:laughing:

Any issues with the Mega V blade this season ??? If so, state the issue and time in order to fix it. Don't forget to add the serial # of the blade and truck make.

Please above all keep your statements professional and on topic. I know there is alot of bad feeling towards the brand and how the whole situation was swept under the carpet!!! I have been reluctant in make any positive posts about the Mega line up for all the SW bashing going on!!! Sure SW deserves every single tounge lashing on the keyboard they get but I think the whole thing is getting old.

With this said I hope the poll will show positive results . If not, then I have opened a whole new can of MEGA worms!!! :nod:

2. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

If I fill it to the full line according to the directions it blows fluid all over the front of truck out the cap until it is 3/4" below line then stops and works fine(maybe my fill line sticker is to high on the tank? I fill it according to instruction and even had dealer fill it and work it and it did the same thing to them.). Short run and lift cycles are still hard on elec system but much better than last year before the retro fits. stacks good but does not have the lifting power that my 28v had, thought it stacks just as high if not higher. Inside hose fitting at the passenger side cylinder fitting keeps backing off. just have to check it every few hours. over all it is working well and I am happy to have the wings but I wish I had keep the 28v and moded it to use the new wings. I never had a singe problem with it in 3 years comm on my truck and it is still working fine on it fifth year(total) on another truck. This is my 4th snoway and the only one I ever had to do anything besides change cutting edges and change fluid, so I guess i am a little disappointed in it from that stand point, all the rest are still making money for me and have been working for me since 2002 with nothing but maintenance.

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Thought there were more blades out there, only 4 votes so far........

4. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

This year i haven't had any problems with the blade, it was all bent and broke to hell last year they seemed to fix it so it wont happen again. The hydraulics are painfully slow but i found a way to fix that, give it to one of my other guys to run. my jack stand was a joke from day one almost.
    In all seriousness though after the way this plow looked last year at the end of the season its held up pretty good this year we have not had as much snow and it hasn't seen as much abuse but all in all no complaints so far.