1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Mega cab/long bed

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by William B., Nov 11, 2008.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If they build it it will be one long truck!

I was told by a Dodge Truck rep that the Mega Cab was going away after 2009, Dodge was going to use the 09 1500 true Crew Cab , cab for all future full sized four door trucks and they were going to offer a 8' bed option. He went on to say that Dodge did not see the interest that they had hoped for with the Mega Cab and with the New 1500 type Crew- Cab , cab they would be competing with Ford and Chevy for comparable sized 4 door cabs.

This all could become a moot issue if Chrysler collapses or merges with any other domestic car manufacturer, If I were any of the big three I wouldn't't be developing any new vehicles, just make necessary changes to meet Federal safety and emission standards
  3. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

All the TV commercials talk about the '09 1500. Are they going to have a different truck or styling for their 2500's and heavier trucks?
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

the mega cab is just too big of a cab. I dont know of anyone who really needs that much leg room
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Yep....mega cab is dead, the truck in the pic is a crew cab obviously set up to trick people.
  7. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Yeah, that's no mega-cab. That's a quad cab with some kind of goofy extension on the back.
  8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

It`s not a Quad cab it`s a crew cab with a short bed and some kind of filler box behind the cab to throw you off.
  9. turftamers

turftamers Junior Member
    from Fargo

Nope the 09 2500 and up is the same! let me tell you the 09 1500's interior is sweet! Drove one and it is awsome! I want! I think in 2010 they are going to change up the 2500's and 3500's I will be upgrading!
  10. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

DO,nt like them at all the front will look to mujch like the Found on road dead truck the dodge 1500 all ready do!! ANd the inside will be done inside for the office dewebb not a contractor I watch a show that talk to the head designer of the 1500 and 2500 and he said the inside 2500 will look a lot like the inside of 1500 to much bling for no reason

There is two very large issues that they need to address that I do not see they are going to do

1, inside they need better and more gauges it would be nice to see a trans temp and a turbo boots gauge like ford had!!

2, outside To compete with ford they need to beiff up the GVW for the front axel you cant warrrenty wise put a v plow on a CTD C.C. because they are only rated at 5600lbs fords new 08's have 7 or 8 i believe All I now is they do' nt say no when you ask them !!!

and if they go to the stupid coil over 5 link that the 1500 I really do see you putting a v plow that on at all!!! that front GVW will be so low it would be funny!!

if they make these things look like the 1500 I'm sorry been a die hard Cummins for guy 10 years but i'll go to chevy

again JMO so now you ca bash
  11. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

Littleo92, I'm not going to bash you. I happen to agree with you on your points that you make, and I too am a Cummins fan. It just so happens that I am becoming less and less of a Dodge fan. It will be interesting to see what Dodge does to turn their company around with their designs, quality and technology. If they don't do it soon I think they'll be out of business first as all of the 3 start to sink.