1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 jeep

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rolly123, Oct 6, 2014.

1. rolly123

rolly123 Junior Member

I have a 2010 jeep wrangler that I plow with is there anything I can do to beef up the front suspension?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Use Moog replacement parts and/or get air bags. But as long as you're plowing with an appropriate sized plow for your vehicle I don't see a need.

3. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

Air shocks.

4. rolly123

rolly123 Junior Member

That's just it I cant find air bags and its just for peace of mind so it doesn't bottom out when I hit a bump.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

If that's all you're worried about, just install Timbrens in the front.

6. novawagonmaster

Not air bags... air shocks.

7. rolly123

rolly123 Junior Member

can not find air shocks either and I have the timbrens on now, about the only thing I can find is the spacers and i'm afraid the when I take the plow off it will set to high.

8. novawagonmaster

Air shocks are not listed for the front of Jeeps, yet I just installed a pair on mine.
    You have to match them up by specs (extended/collapsed length and how they attach)
    Mine rides very good (and at stock ride height) without the plow on.
    When I hook up the plow, I add 95 psi to the front shocks, and it is back to stock ride height, and it rides and handles very good.

EDIT:
    Looks like MA793 will fit the JK. Mine is a TJ, so I wanted to search before firing off a part#.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  9. rolly123

rolly123 Junior Member

Thanks nova they look like they should work