1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Jeep Wrangler what plow to use?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fdk1200rs, Oct 1, 2009.

1. fdk1200rs

fdk1200rs Junior Member

Just picked up a 2010 Jeep Wrangler sport. 6cyl, 6sp to do driveways. Need some advice on a plow. Size of blade?, light weight plow or standard steel? Some guys are telling me the new Western poly pro is the way to go and others are telling me it's too light?. Others are telling me steel is too heavy for the suspension etc etc. HELP!

I would like some real advice from people who have had experience with both.. I only have a few accounts, so we are talking light duty work here for an everyday driver type car. I have other equipment for my larger accounts.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sno-Way....but dealer support and service is ALOT more important then brand.
  3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

If you compare plows you will find that most poly plows weigh more than a steel plow. I prefer steel just because of durability.
  4. Premier

Premier Senior Member

I would stay away from the westerns my self, The Snoway has the down pressure system and that works great, This year we are switching our fleet over to blizzard plows, I have been extreamly impressed with the performance and durability of them.( not to mention the wicked curl in the mold board. really gets the snow rolling) I would not have a problem buying eithor make, alot of it boils down to service and the blizzard dealer in our area is open if it is snowing so if something goes down at 3 am, we can get it fixed.