1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SD install

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RonSpolv, Sep 7, 2015.

1. RonSpolv

RonSpolv Junior Member

Hello All,
    New here, I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for so I'll ask. I have a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. cab 4x4 with the Z71 suspension package, and just picked up a used Fisher 7.5 ft SD plow. My questions are:

1. How does the push plate bolts go thru the frame? Do they go in the boxed section thru the tow hook hole in the frame end?

2. I was going to add Timbren bump stops, should I consider heavier front springs like those from Rockwell/John R. spring?

3. Where is the best place to pick up switched 12V for the Joystick? Does GM have an accessory post for this 12V?

4. Where is a good spot to drill the hole in the firewall for the wiring?

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, I'm sure someone has done this install and could give their insight. Many thanks!

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict