1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Gmc Sierra 1500 4 wheel drive noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIGGB9, Feb 7, 2011.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey guys, I got a 2010 GMC sierra 1500 crew cab, It only has 6000 miles on it. I have a floor shift 4 wheel drive with carpet. I know this may be a stupid question but is the 4 wheel drive nosier with a floor shifter compared to a push button. I had a push button Chevy 2500 and I do not remember it being that noisy. My 2010 1500 just sounds a lot nosier when I first take off and turn. Anything over 20mph you don't here anything. Should I worry.

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have an 06 1500 CC and on 04 Yukon, both push button. My truck makes a little noise in 4wd, but there is no noise at all from the Yukon. I haven't found anything wrong with it, everything works as it should. A guy I work with has an 05 1500 and his makes a little noise as well.

3. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

My 2000 makes a bit of noise also bit of a low wrrr when at low speeds nothing wrong that I can find

4. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

My 09 is noisey as hell, also a floor shift. My only other 4x4 was a 1999 Cherokee ( with floor shift ), which was much quieter.