1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 GMC 3500HD dump

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hammerstein, Nov 15, 2010.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Bought this at the beginning of the month. 1st time for an under tailgate spreader, the v box was becoming to small, have never been a fan of Buyers anything but this looks well made and very heavy duty time will tell. Truck and plow are pretty much the same as the rest of what I have.

IMG00054-20101105-1558.jpg

IMG00055-20101105-1559.jpg

IMG00079-20101110-1101.jpg

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Looks great, I have a very similar NBS GMC dump. 6.0 engine I'm assuming?? Keep us posted on how that buyers tailgate unit works out for you, I have been considering on for quite awhile but don't know anyone else who has run one.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The truck,plow and salter look great. I have been seeing some great deals on 10 dump trucks. post some pics this winter of it in action. Have a good one.

4. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Looks nice man

5. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

very nice, paint the box red and red logos, does it have a Dmax?

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Say good bye to your nice new bed. We ran bulk in my 06 with a new Downeaster dump bed and the salt destroyed the paint even after coating it with oil, FF and washing it out almost every time when done. Looks nice, good luck with it.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Good looking setup. Good luck with it this Winter.

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yea that bed's paint will be shot by spring.

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome setup! That should plow some parking lots!

10. hammerstein

Tested it out when I filled the salt bin last week, worked good. The dealer that installed everything said that this was the second one they have sold but has not seen that other one back for repairs so that's a good thing. Yes it does have the 6.0, I cannot make the numbers work for me to justify the dmax, plus there was only one diesel within 250 miles of Cleveland. The few that are left are all gas with a 8' dump this has a 10'.

As far as the bed goes its a dump truck don't think I have seen many that have any paint left on the floor anyway, its just a truck. Also we wash everything daily if it is used

11. hammerstein

Got a little wood this morning. I will stain them next year after the boards dry out. Also started a fall clean up this morning with it before it started to pour rain. Way better that filling up our pickups just to have to shovel it out again.

IMG00105-20101116-0924.jpg

12. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

The handle in the middle of the bottom of the salter is convenient for putting a strap on to hold the bottom pan up after one of your guys backs it into a light pole on the first time the truck leaves your lot. (not that I know from experience).

Nice looking truck, good luck this season.

13. hammerstein

I will be the one driving it I like to check out our work and do the salting. I will always carry a strap then. Put several transmissions in my SnowEx from backing into snow piles. I now have 2 spare ones that I was able to straighten with a press and a V block.

14. RMC LANDSCAPING

RMC LANDSCAPING Member
    from Chicago

those dump beds start rusting the day they leave the factory

15. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

Nice truck and i like the tailgate spreader. Wish i had one on mine!

16. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice truck, that spreader should work out well.

17. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

nice dump.

18. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Truck looks good!

Good luck with it this winter!

19. hammerstein

My opinion on this spreader is that it is barely OK a few design flaws like everything else made by Buyers. The first time using it the bottom pan fell down after 5 seconds. That handles that are to hold it closed do not have a positive enough latch to keep them fully closed and are able to move till they are just catching the edge of the pan, then with the weight of the salt is forced open. it also ripped the electrical connectors apart the go to the auger motor. A bungee is being used to hold them closed until the dealer figures out a better latch. The spinner motor is week, if when not in use and salt falls onto it and piles up it does not have enough balls to spin, have to get out and spin by hand to clear the salt. Also when the salt falls onto the spinner it throws a lot forward and onto the truck some kind of baffle needs to be made so it has better placement. I also wish the spinner was in the middle of the truck for when I am salting single lanes as much of the salt goes to the left half of truck.

IMG00173-20101201-1907.jpg

IMG00174-20101201-1907.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  20. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great. i have a 6.0L in my 2500HD and it has plenty of power