1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f350 death shake

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by beam, Dec 29, 2011.

1. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

I have a 2010 f350 crew cab duel rear wheels and when you hit a bump the whole truck shakes vilaintly until you slow down or stop tire pressure checked out only has 31000 miles on it any ideas

2. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

I had a Jeep Cherokee that would do this and it was the tires. they had worn funny. it scared the crap out of me when it happened the first time.

3. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

You too huh. I Had a Grand Cherokee do it to me as well. Gives a whole new meaning to “scaring the living F**k out of ya”. It was the tires as well.

4. Pm 1olddogg he had the same thing on the same truck.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I dont know about the Ford trucks, but when I used to work on the jeeps, the trac bar had a ball and socket joint on one end that would wear out like a ball joint does and if you hit a bump just right, you would get death steer ( lost count of how many i replaced on customers vehicles). I would check into a trac bar (or something like that) on the super duty. All its job in life is to hold the axle in the same place. There would be a mount on the axle and on the frame of the truck.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

jack up the front end, and wiggle both tires,,,,side to side and up and down. sounds like something is loose. then i would take a pry bar to every joint under the front end. and see if you have any play.

7. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Track Bar.Track Bar.Track Bar.Track Bar.Track Bar.Track Bar.Track Bar.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

you think the track bar is what he should look into locker???
    you might be getting at something huh???? lol

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

10. topdog1

topdog1 Junior Member

Check the king pins and ball joints had a 450 that did this also

11. 1olddogtwo

no kingpins in a F350

12. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

13. 1olddogtwo

14. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

15. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Check all front end components for play, especially shocks and tires. I got it twice in my Dodge and it was bad tires than a bad shock that caused it. It is downright scary, especially with a trailer behind you on the highway at 70MPH. Good luck tracking it down.

16. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Why not have the dealer fix it? Out of warranty on a 2010 already?

17. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

2 weeks for appt almost parked it in their sevrvice bay here it is :realmad:

18. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

We've had that problem on a few trucks, 09 and 10. Steering stabilizer shock was bad.

If you get a new one, unbolt one end of the old one and move it back and forth, you'll be able to tell the difference from new to old.

It's really a quick and easy fix - and if you don't mind aftermarket parts, they're less than 50 bucks, Fords is a touch more. Better than waiting two weeks.

19. 1olddogtwo

My problem was the tires, they tried everthing
    To fix the issue, we split the cost, I had 32000 miles

20. sailorman3

sailorman3 Member

I had and am still having the exact same thing happen with my 09 F250. Twice at the dealer and they couldn't find anything and the last time they charged me for the labour, even though its still under warranty. There is a Ford Techinical Bulltin out on the 08's but they still don't have a fix for it. My truck shook so much once today, that my plow controller and cell phone came off the dash and gear shifter.