1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f250 to a 2004 f250 wiring and mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CENLO, Apr 23, 2011.

1. CENLO

CENLO Member

I sold my 2004 F250 truck about 18 months ago and bought a 2010 F250...I had to buy new wiring and a new mount..........I am now selling the truck and want to install the plow back on a 2004.........will the wiring work? (I realize the old wont work on the new...but can the new wiring work on the older trucks)

BTW....it is a 2004 Western Vee plow.

Thanks in advance!

Don

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Don the wiring will work but the headlight harness will again be different. 2004 is the HB style and your 2010 is the H13.

3. CENLO

CENLO Member

Can I just by a new headlight harness?

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes. That should be all you will need. Keep the old one for next time.

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

What about the mount?

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You almost certainly will need another mount for the 2004. Even though they are both F250s the years are too far apart to hope they are the same. Go to the westen web site and use the quick launch feature. Go through it for both trucks and see if the vehicle mount kit part number is the same for both. That will also tell you what headlamp harness you need.

7. BlackNo.1

BlackNo.1 Junior Member

Your 2010 F250 had a 31269-1 mount. I'm not sure of the part # for the '04...I think it's a 67982...but I'm not sure because they used 2 frames in '04.

I'm probably a little late anyway.