1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f250 erg?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bigc1301, Mar 9, 2012.

1. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Has anyone had issues after doing the EGR Delete? I am thinking about doing this and 1 guy had an issue but I think that was do to something else. Also is it worth doing the DPF Delete also?

2. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

It will delete your warranty....lol

3. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

I understand that.

4. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

you will need a prorammer to delete the egr might as welll delete the dpf tooo much more fune to drive stay on the lower power levels and youll be fine:mechanic:

5. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

why the lower power levels ?

6. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

Im pretty certain in order to delete the egr the dpf must be deleted as well. Do a 5" exhaust from down pipe with a spartan or h&s tuner. You can put it back to stock in 1-2 hours if you need to go in for warranty work. Do the deletes its the best thing for these trucks. Mine runs alot better now and i can have the stock exhaust swapped back in 45 min.

7. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

what did u gain in fuel mileage

8. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

If you delete the DPF and EGR the dealership can tell even if you put the orignal exhaust back on. You go in for a drive train related warrenty claim you will be denied. You cant out smart the dealershiip no matter how you try now a days.

9. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

Actually me and a few guys i know have done it and our warranty was honored. Put the stock exhaust back on return to stock and drive for a few days going through a few re-gens. Yes if they dig deep enough they can figure it out but they wont for a egr valve etc.