1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 F250 Crew Cab 6.4L Turbo Diesel

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Actionpower, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Actionpower

Actionpower Junior Member

Hello, I talked to one Boss dealer and he did not recommend a 9.2 power VXT on the F250, another dealer said it will be fine. I have the plow package, dual alternators, and heavy springs. Can you tell me your guys opinion, and do I need air bags, or timbren stiffeners to handle the 9.2 V-XT?
    Thanks

2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i've installed a few of them on 250s, alltho i'll say the 8'2"v-XT is more of a popular size for that size truck i dont see why the 9'2" V-XT would be any kind of overkill. i'll ask monday what my guy thinks about it just out of curiousty.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I just did a quick match and dont see where you will have a problem with the 9.2 vxt

4. Actionpower

There must be some F250 newer trucks with a Boss V 9.2 out there, all I am wondering is do you install any front suspension helpers for sag. Most V plows seem to weigh around 1000 pounds.
    Thanks

5. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

one of my friends works for a boss distributor in my area and was talking to him about plow sizes and all he said about the 9.2 on a F250 or other 3/4 ton trucks was that it's long and you would not be able to drive with it in the full v position without the ends hitting the road.

6. Actionpower

My new 250 with 20 inch wheels sits higher in the front than a 350. The only problem I see is the drop to adjust