1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f150 5.4l exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by meyer22288, Jun 9, 2013.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

just bought a 2010 f150 xlt 4x4 ext cab short bed with the 5.4l in it about a month ago. yesterday I noticed the pass side exhaust manifold is leaking pretty bad. I cant beleave how rusted the manifolds are. id like to upgrade to a set of stainless headers as well as a full dual exhaust not only to improve power/sound/mileage but to eliminate the common 5.4l manifold problems. has anyone done this before. what brand do u recommend as well as where to buy. thanks
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Summitracing.com has all kinds of exhaust and stuff for trucks. I have their aluminumized Gibson Cat back system. Sounds good, not loud. It's 5 years old, no rust. Bolted right up. Shop for manifolds or headers Online. I bought manifolds for my old 5.8 for $106 with free shipping. Advance wanted $90 a piece for them. Make sure headers will bolt up to stock cross over with the cats and O2 sensors. Ford sometimes wants $1,000 for that pipe. Then have the gall to charge you for each O2 sensor x 4 on some.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  3. Unless it was a private sale or you took it marked "as is", under New York law you have a warranty for so many miles or days depending on price you payed, age and milage.