1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f-250 brake?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JKuch, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JKuch

JKuch Junior Member

My 2010 f-250 during the summer had what I thought was a bad caliper. I took it to the dealer and they said my caliper Slider was hung up and I had to pay for new pads. Now yesterday both front calipers lock up. I take it in and same thing they say the Slider is seized up. I had to pay for pads and the bad rotor. No warranty again. Has anyone else had these issues?
  2. Squires

Squires Senior Member

How many miles?
    Contct the 1 800 in your owners manuel
    See if the charges are being put threw under warranty.
    i know brakes are not covered under warranty as they are a wear item like tires and wiper blades, however if they are premature with the calipers being the issue there should be grounds for a warranty claim.
    GM will warranty brke issues like this but only if you have had the GM inspections(paid by you) so that loop hole might hang you out to pay on your own, and likly the same price or less.