1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stainlessman, Nov 9, 2011.

1. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

Got my Timbrens installed yesterday and my new plow. The front end of my truck drops only 1/2" when lifting the plow, I'm very pleased I found the infomation on this site about the timbrens, I had never heard of them before entering this site.
    The plow is a Boss standard duty steel plow, the factory is drop shipping a poly snowfoil from the factory which I will install.

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Sounds like a nice set up. You will love the timbrens if you have never had them before. Have a great season, DaveThumbs Up

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't forget to add some ballast. Will do wonders for your traction.

4. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I have read about ballast, but honestly I had never thought about adding any...until now. I have seen the metal ballast retainer frame on one of the plow websites. I could easly make one myself, I had thought about cement blocks, weighing at 33lbs each , it wouldn't take to many to add up.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Before a ballast kit think about a bed extender

Rotating_Black.jpg

Inboard.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011