1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 f-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stainlessman, Nov 1, 2011.

1. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I purchased a 2010 F-150 crewcab 4x4, sold my old '94 f-150 I had since new , it had a 7 1/2' fisher minute mount plow(steele). Now I go to put a plow on my 2010, I'm told because of the GVFW or something like that-gross vehicular front axel weight I think it means, this is 3600lbs, because of this , I can only install a crappy a Fisher Homesteader plow. Boss will not even recommend any plow for the truck. Does anyone here own a truck like this and have a steel plow on it ? Will putting a steel plow on my truck ruin the front end ?

2. russ911us

russ911us Junior Member

sno way and sno dogg plows offer a light weight plow made from stainless steal. there are plows out there that are made for 1/2 ton trucks. you do see alot more f-150's out there with plows. you don't really want to put that fisher on that they are really heavy. can ruin front end.

3. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

I have a 2004 F-150 and i am having a 7'6 Boss Standard duty steel on my truck. It fits all of my critera under weight and everything.