1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 escape trans problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nelson4047, Apr 23, 2013.

1. nelson4047

nelson4047 Member

Hi guys, 2010 escape has shift flairing, searches for a gear, even just slight power braking will make trans jump nearly out! I have searched hundreds of sites with thousands of problems similar to ours only to find ford wont/cant do anything about this problem, or dont have an answer. The trans has been rebuilt with nothing obvious wrong. Has been flashed to newest update, ohmed all wiring to solenoids. cant find problem does anyone have solution to these trans issues? 78,00 mi so no warranty. we are a shop (not a dealer) so im not completly stupid in this area but stumped the the point of hunting down engineers lol. any direction/advice would great thanks.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

My wife has a 2010 Marinar, having the same problem. Been to dealer numerous times. Was talking to an ex ford tech, he told me that they really don't know what is causing it and basically just tell you they can't duplicate the problem while its there.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Transmission shops have no clue? I would think AAMCO would have run into the problem. How long ago and who did the rebuild? We have owned 2 Windstars that had transmissions go bad. Both had to have major part replacements.( over drive drum, main shaft etc. ) Some one may of gone cheap and did not replace borderline parts.My shop does it right. Never had a problem with a rebuild they did.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  4. nelson4047

nelson4047 Member

I got it figured out, took valve body apart ( which my rebuilder should have seen) scored valve. called ford for new one then all of a sudden they seemed to know about this problem but didnt tell me before i went through hours of work.Oh well workin now & customer is happy on to next brain teaser. thanks guys

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Wife has an 08. Some day it's going to need a tranny rebuild. I will make sure the guys look at the valve body.

6. nelson4047

nelson4047 Member

you can buy just the main control section of the valve body . if marinar has same trans i would get it in before ot trashes rest of trans. 6F35 i think was our trans