1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 duramax crew cab short bed, to plow or not to plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ironstein, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ironstein

ironstein Junior Member

New here! My name is Brian, and i have a 2010 duramax 4x4 crew cab short bed, single rear wheel. Am i going to destroy my truck by putting a plow on it? In my opnion its a diesel, built to work. I have heard the fron ifs doesn't handle a plow well. Anyone plow with a truck like mine? i will only be plowing my large driveway, but i don't want to destroy my $50,000 truck. Any help would be great.
    Brian

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Have the same truck its had a plow since new no problems. It handles the v plows well too. The ifs handles plows fine 100k on my truck and I drive year round with plows on the front of my truck still has 3 out of the 4 orig ball joints and I even transport 1000 lb plus extreme v s no problem. Add ballast and level your truck by adjusting your t bars. Maybe frame gussets might want to do a search on them. Its a great plow truck.Thumbs Up

3. ironstein

ironstein Junior Member

Thanks for the info Brad! Much appreciated.

4. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

No problem there - I've got an '08 that has plowed the past 4 seasons, have not put a tie-rod or ball joint into it yet, and it has 120K miles on it. Also plow with an 8611LP and a 300 gal liquid tank for ballast.

Put it to work - it will not dissapoint.

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

lets seem pictures of this beauty!

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

6 years with a blizzard 810 no probems.4 turns on t bars and timbrens . Just replaced original rear brakes and put front wheel bearings on at 85000 miles. Great set-up!