1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010+ Dodge undercarriage

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BossEric, Nov 17, 2013.

1. BossEric

BossEric Member

Hello Guys, I have a ? about the new Dodge Desiel 2500/3500 4x4 trucks. When you mount your Boss undercarriages , how do you usually remove the 4 bumper mount bolts?After I remove the nuts , I don't have the room to remove them normally , they hit the Intercooler/radiator before I have the room for them to clear.The gas engine trucks don't have this clearance problem.Weve been removing the tow hooks ,and 4 carriage head bumper bolts and reaching in to the brackets to torch/sawzall the bumper mount bolts .Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Yes!
    Remove the upper left and right intercooler bolts and lift up and out.
    Not a big deal.

I don't why Boss does not have that in instructions but that is all you need to do.

Regards,
    SPW
    www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com
    "Home of Western,Boss,Meyer O.E.M"

3. BossEric

BossEric Member

Thanks ! I appreciate the reply. I'll be putting your info to the test. And I agree about the instructions. It would be so nice if Boss would insert an update in the kit, or a download on their site somewhere. But I still love the BOSS!!! Thanks again

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Sawzall with 4 blades

5. BossEric

BossEric Member

We've done 4 2013 Dodge plow trucks this week. 3 gas Hemi trucks and today another Diesel.The Hemi gas trucks are a breeze, and always have been, but the new Cummins, another story. I knew this customer was coming in , this is why I posted this question. On the new Cummins they've changed a lot of the way they placed the Intercooler, transcoolers and things. I see no way of removing a right and left bolt and just lifting it out of they way. On the previous trucks ,yea , I can see it . But not the 2013-2014. I just did it like we've always done them , removed the 4 outer bolts off(tough to get to)removed the bumper. Then reached in with torch(turned way down) and cut the bolt bars of the remaining bracket . Then bolt bracket back to bumper with the 4 outer bolts .Also when reinstalling the bumper back on to the truck ,the upper passenger side PBSP bolt comes in contact with the intercooler bracket . I just shimmed it out a little with washers.But this is some of the new Dodge Diesel changes. And the gas trucks no longer have the 11/16 hole we use for the 5/8 bolt on the PBSP, the Diesel does though. Back to drilling that one on the gas trucks again.