1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Dodge Ram suspension

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stone74, Nov 20, 2013.

1. stone74

stone74 Member

Just checking to see what opinions are for my weak front end.
    I have raised my front end 2.5" and rear 1.5", have changed out the leaf springs in the rear with tough coils.
    With the plow on seems to bottom out my front suspension over speed bumps or a big bump, it's ok over small bumps and dips.
    Debating replacing the front coils with tuff coils or buying a set of Timbrens unsure of what is the better way to go.

I don't want to break the bank, as with plow and mods I am in pretty deep already. Any help is appreciated.

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I don't see what the problem is. When you see a big bump, slow down over it. You're driving a truck with a snow plow on the road, not a race truck on the sand dunes. Even if you do stiffen up the front end, you still need to take it easy over bumps with that extra load, or you WILL murder that truck. Its just the nature of the equipment, that you need to take it slower over nasty bumps.