1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Dodge HD

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Fun Plow, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I like that alot payup I will be buying one there 2nd year out so all the bugs are worked out!

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

the fronts ugly as hell. blah

4. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

I'm not sure if you are interested in the Cummins (I know I am!! HA), but from what I have read and understand they are using the already introduced 6.7L Diesel that already met 2010's emission requirements back in its debut. That being said, I believe they are using the 6.7L for the 2010's with no changes. However, its still an all new re-designed truck, so like we've heard/seen before, they may need to clean up some bugs. Just something to think about.

Am I making excuses to run out and pick-up a 2010 when they are available? Maybe... LOL

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would buy another diesel for sure...I wonder what the red sport model will look like in that body style. By 2011 I should be ready lol if not sooner

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sign me up! That thing is awesome

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope the heated steering wheel is standard with the plow prep package

8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Im not to sure about that urea injection on the 2010 diesels and up. Hopefully its not a problem. That sucks they dont have a extended cab either, just regular, 4 door, and mega cab. Maybe ill buy one in 10 years.

9. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

Is it me, or does that thing kinda of have a "Ford" look to it. In some of these frames it looks alot like a F350 dually. To me anyway. Nice truck still

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I thought it looked like a Ford a few times also.

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ford just beat them to the new more aerodynamic style box. Its all about fuel ecconomy now days.

From what I hear they are offering the reg cab, quad cab and the new crew cab. They have done away with the mega cab

12. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

I wondered about the sport model too... but have only seen the chrome bumpers. I'm not a fan of chrome that much... more body color.

13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

It's not just the ugly aerodynamic box, it's the Ford rip off headlights that make it look like a Ford.
    You guys realize it's Independent front suspension, right?
    Double A arm they call it. Introduced in 2009 models. I was looking to do my part for the economy and replace my 96 with a 08 or 09 until I found out 09's have independent suspension- coil springs not torsion bars, but independent all the same. It's a no sale for me. I still can't understand why Ford is the only one listening to buyers and offering locking hubs instead of CAD systems. Chrysler's management is a bit out of touch- I expected better of them especially with the introduction of the heavy duty medium class trucks.

14. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

Are both the 2500 and 3500 IFS? How about the chassis cab (4500+)? That sucks.

15. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I thought the 2010s still had straight axles?

16. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2010-HD.html Featuring solid front and rear axles, and a five-link, coil-spring front suspension with solid axle, a front and rear link-type sway bar and heavy-duty tubular shock absorbers are standard. The rear suspension on two- and four-wheel-drive models is equipped with leaf springs and includes standard two-stage springs as part of the design for greater load-carrying capability and better ride with light loads

This website says straight axles. And a 5500 pound front GVW.

17. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Man what are you talkin about? The only Ram with Independent front end is the 1500 which is coil spring IFS. Ram 2500 and 3500 4X4 trucks have solid front axles ever since like forever. Actually in 2010 the increased the front axle rating up from 5200 to 5500lb, and one of the articles actually said it was to increase the snowplow weight capacity! I really like the looks of the new rams someday im gonna have me one of them!

18. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I am going to start saving my pennies now for 2011. That thing is awesome. I already got some pennies put aside too. Those are gold dollars mixed into it on top. i started adding those when it hit half full

[​IMG]

19. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

im not sure if i like them, the work commercial trucks look cool, but idk about the other they are kinda ugly, maybe if i say a modded one i might like it, but i like the 2006 to 2008 body style know

20. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict