1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 chevy/ ultramount clearance problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Team_Arctic, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I bought a 2010 chevy 3500hd cab/chassis dump(new) for a good deal as a close out. I mounted up a new 9'ultra pro straight blade and the truck has next to nothing for ground clearance? anyone else running into the problem?

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yep. This is the unfortunate fact of the GM IFS. Put 2 or 3k lbs in the bed, crank the Tbars, & get some timbrens.....thats the only thing you can do that dosent void warranty. I like my NBS GM, but my next 1ton dump will probably be a Ford.

3. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I was going to crank the t-bars but they were all the way up from the factory. Timbrens are ordered .. I didnt have the problem with my 03 duramax 3/4 it has alot more clearance. 4-5 inches this new truck is less then one inch with the blade on.. :(

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Check to make sure that the blade is configured properly.

5. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

We have 2 of them where I work, they both are the same way. We cranked up the bars, that helped but I agree, the Timbrens will work to get them leveled out

6. snerdy

snerdy Member

The frame of the plow should have 4 adjustment points near the mounting section. Your manual tells you how to adjust for more ground clearance.