1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 chevy headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Nov 26, 2010.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

hey guys I am going to be installing strobes in a fellow plowsite members truck in a few days and I am curious if the 2010 headlights are the double walled headlights or no? I would assume the tail lights are single along with the headlights. Just want to make sure as I have not done a install on anything that new yet. Thanks

2. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

I just installed a set on my 2010. Taillights are a breeze. Two screws and out they come. The headlights are double walled. Be carefull not to go to fast when going through the 2nd wall, the chrome wants to peel off. Good luck getting the headlights out, major pain...unless I missed something. There are two 10mm bolts on top. 1 under the inner fender well. Push and pull and pry and it'll come. Watch the long tab that's round on the end. Needs to slide out. Good Luck!

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Alrighty, thanks for the info. How big of a hole did you drill for the first hole? I know you need a 1 inch hole for the actual bulb.

4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Headlights are a major pain to get out. Set aside a good amount of time to get them out if you have never taken a set out before. Have fun :)

5. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

I did 1" thru both...Just seemed better. I used the push in style strobes, siliconed a seal and all good. Total time would have been cut in half if not for the pain GM headlights!

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Alrighty sounds good. How much space is between the 2 walls of the lights? I am getting the screw in bulbs. I have seen where guys will do like a 2 inch hole then the 1 inch. I tried looking online for pics or a diagram on how to take the lights out, but i have found nothing. I hope they are easier than the 08+ tahoe lights. Those suck! I swear that car ate 3 or 4 of my tools.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  7. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

Not much space...mabye .100" . I used the push in so you may have to make the first holde bigger and screw the bulb to the 2nd. Contact George "dissociative" on here..he's good. If that Tahoe has the full size lights like the 08-10 trucks....yup it's the same. They are a pain.

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I simply took out the top (turn signal/parking light?) bulb, and installed the strobe in that hole with some silicone around it. Works fine. I don't miss whatever light was there.

9. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

In my 2005 silverado i put my front Whelen strobes in with the day time running lamps. i used a 1" hole saw and inserted the bulb and still had some space from strobe bulb to regular bulb. screwed in the bulbs and siliconed up to make sure i had a good seal. My 2007 Tahoe i installed them in with my turn signal light and also my fog light. same whelen bulbs but the fog light was tricky. Just take your time and make sure you seal up the lens after you install the light. Nobody likes a headlight that has moisture in it.
    Good luck :drinkup: