1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Blizzard 810 will not power on!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mr hydroseed, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

There's snow forecasted for tonight and I just went to hook up my Blizzard 810 and it won't power on! Usually as soon as I hook up the harness the headlights switch off to the plow lights but not this time! I try to turn on the hand held joystick and nothing. OMG!!! I'm having a heart attack here! There's power from the two pin harness and some mild blue/green corrosion but was easily cleaned from the multi pin harness. I never realized it but is this thing like radio controlled? All the wires from the harness go to the lights? Please help me.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the fuses. Start there 3 I think.

3. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

yeah some where in that line there is a little fuse in line , did the same thing myself last year , waited to last minute to hook up and no power, forgot all about the little fuse and where I had it stashed, remember real good now

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

This is the reason I hate post-DD blizzards.

5. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Still dead

I found the little double 10a fuse pack and they where good. I thought it might be the switches so I pulled one off and checked for voltage out of any of the wires while hooked up to both harnesses and nothing??? I wish I knew how to remove the plastic motor/valve cover. Took the knobs off but it's so stiff and I can't dislodge the cover from the two rear tabs. I'm hoping to find a little mouse nest under there with some chewed wires or something. Is there only 2 fuses?

6. dieselss

3. 2 underhood and one under your dash.

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Check your jumper wire from the fuse box in the cab to the controller...it may have wiggled loose.

8. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Fuse

Ok so your saying there's a fuse between where the switched power connection and the control module on the small red wire? Ok, there was power to the wire at the splice but I didn't look yet for a fuse. I didn't see one on the wiring diagram... I will check now

9. dieselss

Theres 2 that's under the hood. Then there's one inside the cab that's powered from the tks fuse box

10. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Fuse box.

Just to verify, there's the 4wire harness that goes to the joystick and a single red wire that your saying goes into my fuse box but mine is spiced into the ignition wire off of my steering column. So there's only 5 wires coming in the cab?

11. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Plow motor cover

Does anyone know the proper method of removing the plow motor cover? I feel like I'm about to break it into pieces trying to force it off.

12. dieselss

Yea that's the pwr wire I'm talking about

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Seed...?

Make sure that one tapped into your ignition wire is getting power. That cover goes on tight, give it a forceful pull up or wedge a lever under it. If the nuts are off it it'lll come off.

14. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Yay!!! There was a corroded pin on the light harness and that was it. It tells the control module that the plow is hooked up and ready to be switched on. It was the hollow metal socket on the truck side. The harness was $160.00!!! It only took 3 minutes to swap it though and I'm so relieved so it was worth it. I greased it often but I just couldn't get ahead of the corrosion, now get out there and grease your plugs. Thanks for the help guys.