1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 2500hd noisy in 4 wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by windrow1357, Jan 19, 2011.

1. windrow1357

windrow1357 Junior Member

There seems to be an excessive amount of noise from my front differential when I have the four wheel drive engaged. I here it all the time and it is louder with the plow on. It is also louder under load from both accellerating and decellerating than when at cruising speeds. I took it to the dealer to have it checked out and they tried to tell me it was probably just unevenly worn tires and preceeded to rotate my tires for me. Obviously the noise is still there. Anybody else running into this with there hd? I don't know if there all this loud or not but it is annoying to me.

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have a similar noise with my 1500 Sierra. A guy I work with has a 1500 Chev and says his is the same. My wife's 04 Yukon doesn't make a sound. I have checked my truck all over and haven't found anything wrong. The above mentioned co worker used to work at a GMC dealer. He said he doesn't worry about it.

3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Check your universals on front drive shaft

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Bring it back, isn't it under warranty? Make them fix it