1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 2500 hd electrical problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by stanza, Feb 25, 2011.

1. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

I have a 2010 2500 hd dodge power wagon w/ a fisher v. As I was plowing my last driveway the dashboard lit up and every light came on! Every single warning light. The wipers came on and wont shut off. Blinkers and horn do not work and everything flashes on and off. The odometer shuts off and on as well as the tach. I shut it off for a while but when I turn it on it starts again. I tried disconnecting the battery but the same thing happens. Short of bringing it in, any ideas? Thanks.

2. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

Was the engine still running after the problem occurred? And in the above was that the engine or just the key you shut off and turned on. Also, how long was the battery disconnected?

3. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

the truck runs fine so far and the plow too. I disconnected the battery for about 1 minute.
    The truck will drive and operate except for all electrical.

4. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

Try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes or more to ensure the memory has time to discharge. It likely needs at least 5 minutes as a minimum reset. If it still has trouble after the reset then about the only other simple thing that may be worth trying is to reseat the fuses and circuit breakers in the underhood box, not very likely to help but at least quick and free.

You may well have already done so, but I would also disconnect the plow.
    After that, since it drives, it is probably time to be dealer bound.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Bring it to the dealer, there are too many computers and modules on the new trucks to mess with unless you have a scan tool.

6. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

^^^I agree. i wouldnt want to be messing with anything electrical. plus your under warrenty...so whats the big deal?