1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 2500 dodge w/boss V question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by soc, Mar 4, 2011.

1. soc

soc Junior Member
    from ny

I recently purchased a 2010 2500 ram diesel pickup and had them "transfer" my plow over to it - a 8.5 boss V couple yrs old. The dealer removed the front tow hooks which were above the bumber saying that it would interfere with the plow. I know you can;t use the hooks with the plow attached (not an idiot lol) but now when the plow is off it looks like there is something missing as there is nothing where the hooks supposed to be. it looks to me that there is no way they would interfere with the mount and would still be a good 3 or 4 inches clearance when the plow is attached . I am pushing the dealer to reinstall the hooks and let me see for myself. Your thoughts???? anyone have the hooks on or did they HAVE to be removed????

thanks

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Not sure on a dodge but I know on chevys you are supposed to remove them. But if you simply use longer bolts the tow hools will work. I would suspect something similar, the shop didn't want to use their own bolts. Not sure if you already posted it on the dodge site I would bet someone on there would know for sure.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fords don't need to be removed either.

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

They didn't take them off my 06 or 11. I cant see where it would be even close from being a problem. If that was the case they'd have to actually notch the bumper imo.

6. soc

soc Junior Member
    from ny

yea

yea I don;t see where they would be close to an issue - they are the hooks ABOVE the bumper on the frame sticking out from below the grill - not even close to the mount or the headlight uprights . The dealer is insisting they are in the way - It pisses me off as I know they just took them off - didn;lt even look at them. Not that I want to use them but if you look at the front of the truck there are 2 holes where they are supposed to be - something looks missing! - I;,m putting the plow on monday and going up there and want them to show me how they are a problem - my guess is they will end up putting them back on - I just want to be sure i'm not imagining things

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

What dealer did you go to? If you're having a problem try calling General Welding @ 716-652-0033. They are a Boss distributor and know their stuff. I've referred others to them from this site with great results.

8. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Left mine on also,although ihave the sport pkg.Dont know if that makes a difference.
    2004 3500 Drw.Put them back on and see for yourself,they come in handy if you get stuck.
    Good Luck

9. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

no one plans on using them but then again no one really plans on getting stuck I would want them on there. On know on my ford when I got stuck there isn't much else I would want to hook to. Hope they put htem back on for you

10. soc

soc Junior Member
    from ny

so far the dealer looked at it and said - "well they must have been taken off for a reason but will try to put them back on" - so now the trucks at the dealer for the day - I'm sure right now they are just trying to save face rather than admit there was no reason to take them off. It really looks like somethings missing with out them - I would have put them on myself but i figure hell they took them off - and i don;t feel like lying under the truck in the snow anyway. as I stated to the dealer - you can;t fix stupid!

11. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Dealer doesn't know what he is doing. No reason to take them off.

12. soc

soc Junior Member
    from ny

well picked up the truck tonight and sure enough they were put back on - I asked any problems or anyting and kinda got a no and and half ass sorry - about what i expected but hey, got them put back on as they should have been