1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 250 tires

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dlongerman, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

Continental Tires are SH**

What should i put on have a budget of $1000.00 getting instillation free threw my dealer just have to get the tires
    My size is 245/75/17 but want something wider so i have to go with 265/70/17

These are the ones ive been looking....
    Dick Cepek radial F-C II?
    Good Year Silent Armors?
    BFG A/T T/A KO?

Good bad just give me advice I want them to last 30,000+Miles

I live In Illinois and when im on road im pulling a skid loader or going down the highway, when Im off road im going to service a machine or to work there.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I'm really happy with my Nitto Dura Grapplers. Most of my road time consists of pulling my gooseneck and, other than a little tread squirm when new, they have been excellent.

10k miles and they are hardly showing any wear.
  3. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

How do they do in snow? and Ice? price is $198.44 a tire free shipping

how about the Terra Grapplers? going with a LT285/75/17 price $197.45 a tire free shipping
  4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

If you want snow and ice, I would suggest the BFG. They are probably the most popular tire among plow guys and have been out there for years. The Goodyears are not bad either but they won't do crap off road.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

The GY's will NOT get you 30k miles or even close to that for that matter. After 3 sets of those I switched Hankook Dynapro RF10's and couldn't be happier.
  6. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

ive got a set of 295/70/17 terra grapplers on my diesel f250. thye have had great treadwear as well as being pretty quite on the road and great in the snow. little over 30k on them and at least 50% tread left. 2 are a little more worn due to my alignment being off but very happy with them. got mine for 749 shipped to my door.
  7. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I hope you didnt pay for the A/T continental tires like i did, I made the dealer put on a brand new pair of michelin LTX A/T2, Continental told me they dont even make A/T tires and thats what i argued with the dealer, i paid for something I didnt get. As for New tires check out tirerack.com. They have thousands of personal reviews for all weather conditions for there tires.
  8. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

tire rack doesnt have the Nittos but I was looking at these there Dick Cepek radial F-C II, Good Year Silent Armors, BFG A/T T/A KO.
  9. cold_and_tired

I ran a set of Terra Grapplers for over 60k miles. A lot of those were towing FEMA trailers to and around New Orleans.

Those tires seemed bulletproof to me. I got ONE flat in the 9 months I was working there. Most other guys had a tire repair man on speed dial or they had 2-3 spares in the bed of their truck.
  10. shelvie

shelvie Junior Member
    from NJ

Anyone have any experience with the Micheline LTX MS 10 ply? about 230 installed where i'm from.
  11. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

If you're going to pay the price for Michelin, got with the LTX AT2's. Very nice tire and I guarantee they last a while. Not a great snow tire, but very good all around. To save the most money, go with Hankook Dynapro ATM RF 10's. I had them on a Tundra. You'll get well over 30K miles, probably closer to 50K.
    For plowing, the GY Duratracs and Mastercraft MSR's are my favorite. But neither are a high mileage tire and I would only use them as a winter tire.
  12. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

i do a lot of the same type of driving and towing as you say you do and have had very good luck with bfgs, you can fit up 2 the 315/70/17 on a stock f250 you may have a little rub at full lock, and the price on that tire is about 200 a tire. if you wanna play it safe go with a 285/70/17 either way bfg is a homerun in my book
  13. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I love the silent armors I have had them on my last 2 superdutys I just got a new pair on my 2010 f350 today.
  14. cold_and_tired

I got a chance to try out my Dura Grapplers in snow and ice today.

I was towing my gooseneck with a Cat 236B and was headed up one of the steeper hills in my area. The road had an inch of very slippery snow on it (40 car pileup 20 minutes after I went through) and I never had to put it in four wheel.

If I really put the throttle down, I could break the rear end loose but the tires felt as good as any other tire I have ran.

I wish I was empty just to see how they did with less weight on them.
  15. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

thanks for the input guys... well I went with the Goodyear wrangler silent armour..... THEY ARE GARBAGE!!!!!

I only have 12500miles on them with 1 rotation( they are due for a 2nd but the tires in the back have more life then the tires in the front) 2 tires are at 4/32nds and the rears are at like 7/32nds

OH and on top of this the dealer i got them at.. isn't going to do jack ****....

any helpful comments would be appreciated...
  16. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

you'll have to contact the manufacturer of the tire directly, only they can give you some sort of warranty on the tire. But if they do and that's a BIG IF, they will only credit you towards another one of their products. Give em a call n c what happens. check out their website and click contact us for more info.
  17. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

oh, by the way go with the Terra Grapplers from Nitto, much much better tire, have had them on other trucks and loved them!!!!!