1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010/2011 plow season

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Sep 26, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

she will be starting soon! allthough i'm alittle bit behind alaskaboss we also got snow this morning. i thought i'd share a few pics.

luckly i have a few weeks(we hope) before it sticks for good. i'm glad because i still need my new snow tires put on the excursion and expedition!

good thing is, the plow truck is all ready to go. gonna hold off on springs this season i think. but we did alot of other work it should be very reliable and run great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I tell ya I never realized just how beautiful Alaska is unitl Ive seen your pics and AB's. Plus you had a super hot Governor :D

3. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Is that Russia in the back ground?? LOL!! I just had to say it and Im a big Palin fan!!!

4. 91AK250

haha no russia just more alaska... lol

i put the plow on the truck a few days ago just to check everything out...all looks good! we'll see though as the first snow allways helps work out kinks.

i'm planing on bulding another ballest box for the bed this season...hopfully better then my last one allthough it did work very well. thinking around 500-600lbs should do it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

should have much better tires this year..they are used but have to be better then the crappy mud tires i had last season. 265/75 mastercraft courser msr or somthing or other...alot of sipes! which will help
    [​IMG]

i made myself a good spot in the driveway for snow..should make for easy cleanup!
    [​IMG]

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I hope you remembered to put the stand up on your plow before you went too far.

6. 91AK250

nope, lol its stuck right there...its not hitting the ground anymore. but i fixed it last year..then later in the winter i forgot it and bent the pin for it again when it did hit. so its stuck there for right now. at work i see this all the time so i dont feel too bad about it. but it was pretty dumb i'll admit. i may fix it soon i may leave it idk

but truck hasnt left the driveway with the plow yet haha

7. 91AK250

here we go guys!!!! fingers crossed!!!!

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is the ground cold enough for the snow to stay on the roads.

9. 91AK250

yeah its been in the 20s overnight, frosting for awhile now. if all goes right the commute home tomorrow may be a handful! i'll bring my cam with my to work.

10. TheBossMan2000

TheBossMan2000 Junior Member

Myfingers are crossed for you!! Goodluck and send it down this way after it comes through!!:bluebounc

11. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Still summer like here in PA. Set the fans to the southeast and let 'em blow this way:drinkup:

12. 91AK250

not turning into what it was made out to be, but more chance later this week. i did get alittle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. wenzelosllc

wenzelosllc Senior Member

Does your license plate say '8 MPG' on the excursion? :laughing:

14. 91AK250

yes it does! lol

15. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Heck your getting snow and I am under a tornado warning and raining like hell here

16. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

hows the expcursion coming?

17. 91AK250

toatled so far as i know today. spent 3 days on the frame rack to find out its way more wacked out then they thought.

18. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

sorry to hear that

19. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I salute you, sir! :salute:

20. 91AK250

calling for 3" on thru night!