1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010/2011 long island snow season

Discussion in 'Weather' started by docsgmc, Nov 8, 2010.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

first sign of snow here on nov 8 2010.....i hope its going to be a good year for us..:drinkup:

2. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

We'll see. I'm hedged with half pre-paid contracts and half pay as it snows so no matter what, I am covered.

3. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

any bets on when the first event will be? I got $20 on Dec 19th

4. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Snow???????????????

Accu in their extended shows snow for the 5th? Here we go!!!!!

5. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

TWC shows sunny and 0% chance of precip for the 5th.

6. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

these guys got their heads so far up their arses I dont even believe they can predict a forecast 24 hours in advance. It was raining almost all day and the weather reports for the town I was in said "sunny and mild".... need I say more..

7. paponte

paponte Senior Member

No snow yet! We need another two weeks to finish up jobs were on before it snows. After that it can do whatever it wants!

8. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Flurries in the forecast, better sharpen the plow and load up the spreaders. lol. I concurr with two more weeks. I just started a trenching job which I'd like to get done. Then, let it snow!

9. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah, just seems way too fast this year for some reason. I'm not in the mood yet, been real busy working on finishing up for the season. Everything is ready to roll with the exception of changing fluids on two plows, and some more staking. The funny thing, I just got two signed contracts back in the mail yesterday from September! I love how people heed the 15 day withdrawal notice!

10. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

people keep talking "mid December storm". Who knowsss

11. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

I know, I still have people that haven't made a decision yet. They are too busy. Funny thing will be when it starts snowing and they call me all frantic I will be... too busy for them.

12. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Haha, got another one faxed over today, people are unreal! I hear there's potential for a Sunday storm?!? I have to look into this one a little further.

13. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Scored one more today too! Guess the flurries got them all scared, lol.

14. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

I think Sunday is all rain, they are predicting the one that might actually give us some accumulation for mid next week. I scored 2 more today as well, doesnt bother me one bit! keep them comin. payup

15. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Going upto the mid 40's for the weekend........

16. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah. all i see is rain also. I have to find out where this gentleman is getting his info from. Well, got some machines to deliver!

17. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

we got quite the storm today :nod:

18. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Haha, I had two of my subs call me up... "You ready, let's go!". I guess everyone has the itch. I need to get this week in to finish up cleanups then it can snow all it wants.

19. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

There may be a chance of a freeze up Monday night? Maybe salt/ sand for Tuesday AM. I'll keep hoping. This rain sucks.

20. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

anyone going out to salt tonight? I hear an inch is expected to freeze.