1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010/2011 long island snow season

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by docsgmc, Nov 8, 2010.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

first sign of snow November 8 2010.......i hope we have a good season this year:drinkup:

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

wheres the pics? wtf :gunsfiring:

3. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

my bad, i thought this was the weather discussion

4. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Snow on Long Island 11-8-10

Woke up this morning to a wintry mix. Freezing rain turned to wet snowfall by 9 am. A light coating actually stuck to cars and grass. Hopefully a sign for the upcoming winter.

5. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

It was snowing in Ambler Pa today around 2pm. Dad called and said its snowing here lol.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Whats up Doc! I was happy to see the first flakes of the season today also. Manorville got a nice sloppy dusting, is that where you're from Shore? Hopefully we'll get another decent season.

7. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Saw the first flakes today...then rushed to see how many low ballers ads appeared on craigslist...lol

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

yea i was up the way today seen a bit of snow mixed with sleet..... also snapped a pic of the PennDot trucks parked up at wawa on 202 n 63

penn dot.jpg

9. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

My dads a mason for SEPTA so he was standing around had nothing better to do but call me and get my hopes up while I sat at home. My truck will be down that way tomorrow but I wont. :drinkup:

10. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

I'm from Manorville. We even made cover of Newsday today with snow pics. Apparently earliest measurable snowfall since 87 . 1/2 inch measured in Manorville. Don't know what it is about the Pine Barrens, but usually 10 to 15 degrees colder here than rest of Long Island.

11. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I had about maybe a sloppy inch of the white stuff outside my house around 9 A.M yesterday but im up in westchester county.

12. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

new plow new season......hope its a good one...

13. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

we are all ready for the white stuff

IMG_0096.jpg

14. 2serious

2serious Junior Member

yep as i was walking to the truck to go to work i was like o boy time to get my stuff together. hopefullay gonna be a great year

15. TSherman

TSherman Member

Do you hit that wawa much? Its about 5 minutes from my house and I frequent it in storms.

16. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Cant wait hope its a good one..