1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010-11 Pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by timberseal, Nov 23, 2010.

?

What are you seeing as far as pricing for the 2010-11 season?

1. Our prices have actually increased for 2010-11

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Prices have remained the same as last year

32 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. We have had to lower our prices slightly

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. We have had to lower our prices significantly

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Hell if I know I keep getting underbid on everything :)

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Just out of curiosity what has pricing for snow plowing and salting done in your area in comparison to last year? The economy has certainly introduced alot more blades into the mix..... what effect has it had on contracts?

2. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

For the record we retained the same pricing we've had on several accounts that we have had for several years and lost them to a much lower bid this year. In some instances I know what we lost it to (had a doubletake on the # too) and on others the client didn't care to share. One customer said he hated to switch and said we could have it again if we could match his low bid but I couldn't bring myself to work that cheap.

3. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

I have had to lower my prices slightly. Like you stated the economy going down has brought out all kinds of people with blades thinking they can jump right in and run a company by low balling the guys that have put in the work for years. They will all get whats coming to them when the end of the season gets here and they find out that they barely broke even after all of the repairs,salt,gas etc. I have lost only 3 accounts due to pricing but I say good riddance because when they call me up saying xyz company that was cheaper didn't have insurance or show up on time and ask me to start plowing for them again in the middle of the season and I charge them double for making me adjust my routes etc. Sorry for making this so long but I had to vent. GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON TO ALL HONEST HARD WORKING PLOWSITE MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  4. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

i have a good friend who lives on lake sherwood near milford.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

some were raised, some stayed the same. Bid new stuff at higher rates and got them (poor contractor performance in the past being main reason and I guess owners realizing price = quality).

6. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Really that's cool. I plow a few houses in lake sherwood on surfwood and in their sister sub division on heatherwood.

7. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

people are bidding stuff at rates that are lower than what most of you get to sub. i bid a lot of stuff and didnt get anything. cant wait to see how many fall on their face this winter.

8. adan

adan Member

Rates have remained the same around here, Some have gone up. $55/hour is not the lowest I have heard of and seen (not sure what equipment they use) and upwards of $85/hour for skidsteer services. Wheel loaders vary but usually $80-$100/hour. No recession and not much under bidding because it snows so much here theres to much work.

9. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

Mostly remained the same. Hourly and monthly remain the same, per event/trip inbound calls went up $10.

10. snowtech

snowtech Member

same on all existing clients and lost a couple to cheaper bids. some as much as 50% less and we were not willing to drop our rates. on the plus side we raised the price on 2 accounts we lost last year to low ballers and they signed back up with us. always sucks to loose them but usually the next season they call us back and thats a great time to raise the rates. Good luck

11. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Those rates suck honestly but I'm sure you get alot more wheel time that we do in Indiana. The last two years were 70" and 54" roughly for snow totals.

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Most of the prices in Alberta are similar, getting $75/hour for a skid, $100/hour for my loader, $55/hour for my tractor. Looks like all of western Canada is looking at lots of snow this year.