1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 Ram 1500 7 1/2 ?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by 2009RAM, Nov 15, 2009.

1. 2009RAM

2009RAM Junior Member

Is the 7 1/2 Hiniker too much plow for my 2009 1500 Ram? The local dealer says no problem but I think 600 plus the mount is pretty heavy. Am I better off with the 26 series Snoway?
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

It will be fine but if you plan on doing a lot of back dragging you may want the sno way for the DP. The 7.5" doesnt weigh enough to do a good job back dragging.

Hiniker makes a great product though and would highly recommend it.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

An 8 footer only weighs 14lbs more.
  4. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

I run a 7.5' fisher on my 02 ram 1500 sport carries it just fine
    Oh by the way, making and installing a backdrag on Saturday
  5. oliversgreen

oliversgreen Junior Member

Pretty sure I have mount that will fit your 09, it came off my 06 1500. Ready to unload it cheap!
  6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I have the 8' Straighblade, works great and back-drags well. Im the only one in the truck when plowing
    and I put 3 x 70lb sand tubes in the bed. I have a 07 New style GMC crew 1/2 ton I generally don't go far with the blade on. On a flat level driveway its a breeze to put on or take off.