1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 Kenworth T170 & 7ton Salter & Summer Box - Snow equip

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snowequip, Nov 15, 2013.

1. snowequip

snowequip Junior Member

Kenworth
    Standard Cab; PX-6 Paccar Engine; 60000km; Automatic OD; 5,000 lb Rear Axle Weight; 14,500 lb Front Axle Weight; Drive Side: Left Hand Drive; Gross Vehicle Weight (lbs): 19500
    Salter
    7ton Down Easter Salter; Hydraulic controlled; 2012 Model
    Summer box
    Landscape summer box with swivel ramps; Can holds approximately 25ft of machines

Kenworth1.jpg

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

something about your numbers don't make sense good luck with the sale

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

How much? Any pics of the summer setup?

4. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

love to see a price

5. 1olddogtwo

50K is the asking

6. snowequip

snowequip Junior Member

50000 for whole package, salter was purchased last year for 17gs, hydraulics for 10gs. My lose your gain.

7. procut

procut Senior Member

I hate to be "that guy"... but if that's the actually the GVW that thing would be so overloaded when full.

* On edit I see you're in Canada, so I'm thinking it might be kilograms not pounds like is posted, which would make more sense.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It is posted in pounds.

9. 1olddogtwo

That math makes worse sense.....it would have a 11K rear and 30K front

10. procut

procut Senior Member

I know, but I'm thinking he might mean kilograms; as I would think that truck would weigh not much less than 19,500 pounds empty. Unless he is simply stating the weight not the GVWR. I'm guessing things must be different in Canada, because as another poster stated something isn't right with those numbers.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or "call out" the original poster on anything, just kind of curious. I actually think that looks like a pretty awesome setup.

11. procut

procut Senior Member

Only because I'm really bored, I googled Kenworth t170 GVWR. Copy and past from KW website "A straight truck in a 4 x 2 configuration with a gross vehicle weight rating up to 19,500 lbs,"

When fully loaded with salt that truck would be a DOT officers dream around here.

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They would be having the same dream here, at least in my area.

13. snowequip

snowequip Junior Member

50000 for whole package, salter was purchased last year for 17gs, hydraulics for 10gs. My lose your gain.

14. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

10gs you got ripped sorry.

15. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

The t170's have 8000lb fronts and 11500lb rear axles.

16. 1olddogtwo

"What are 25ft of machines"......that question felt like a jeopardy answer.

17. snowequip

snowequip Junior Member

I also took specs off of Kenworth site when i posted original. It was installed by dealer which usually do within legal limits. Gvw and axles weights may be off of actual unit. This truck has been through several mto stops, and not had issue.
    Pals landscape: in new Jersey pricing is much cheaper than canada. I have bought many trucks and equipment over the years in US. It is cheaper once you learn to jump through hoops to bring here and how to import.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those numbers don't make no cents

19. procut

procut Senior Member

It looks like a beautiful truck and I know it would make an awesome setup, but I just don't see how it could legally go down the road fully loaded. I'm thinking whoever spec'd this thing messed up bad. The tare weight of that truck with the spreader has to be AT LEAST 14,000# meaning it could only haul about 5,500# of material. (legally)

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing that's why it's for sale.......