1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 GMC Sierra Headlight Strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Kodiakguy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

I'm having a little trouble figuring out where to put the strobes in my headlights because of the way the headlight is made. Has anyone put hide-a-ways in these headlights? Got any pics you can share? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Yes it can be done u half to take the whole headlight out and cut a bigger hole in the black part then cut the hole for ur bulb. Then put the black part back and seal it up
  3. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I ran into the same problem with my 07 Ram and as kodiak stated you'll have to drill a bigger hole in the outter shell to drill a smaller hole into the headlamp itself. If your strobe requires a 1 " hole you'll likely need a 1 1/2 hole in outter shell to be able to screw in the strobe tube. Then I went to my local hardware store picked up 1 1/2 " plastic / cap cut slot for the wiring to run thru installed it and sealed the crap out of it so No moisture could in and Have had No problems since 06 with moisture in the headlamp shell
  4. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

here is where i put mind . I do not have any pic from when i had it apart sorry