1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 Front Spring Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Eyesell, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My 2010 F250 came with the option ( 67H ) which is called "Heavy Service Suspension Package", it states usage:
    Recommended only on vehicles which will permanently utilize aftermarket equipment such as heavy duty winches, brush guards or other apparatus which loads the front axle to the specified Gross Axle Weight Rating ( GAWR )

Not available with Snow Plow Package, Camper Package, or Stabilizer Package.

Includes:
    Heavy service front springs ( 1 upgrade above the spring computer selected as a consequence of options chosen. Not included if maximum springs have been computer selected as standard equipment )
    NOTE 1, Vehicle ride height will increase w/the addition of this package

This is my question, how much different is this over the snow plow package, the sheet I have says for Snow Plow Prep:
    Computer selected springs for snow plow application
    Extra Heavy Duty Alternator.

Are both the spring upgrades the same, if not how do I find that out and the difference between the two??

Thanks guys !

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

You can look at the door tag under Front Axle GAWR and see what it is.

On my 07 with the snow plow package it's 6000lbs. But I took the 6000lb coils out and put 7000lb coils in instead.

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Mine door tag says 5200 lb but is that also because it's a V-10 and does not have the weight as a diesel ??

Guess I'm wondering if the diesel in the same package as mine would be 6000...?

DCSPecial was your truck a diesel as well ?

4. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Yep, I have a diesel.

5. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I don't know if the springs are different or not, but I do know they will both handle a plow no problem. I have snow plow prep and my buddy has heavy service springs. Both trucks act the same with the same plow.

6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

The only difference in those two packages it the one comes with a larger alternator.

7. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

The best thing to do is call your local spring replacement dealer and they will ask you for the sring codes and they will tell you what your springs are rated for. The door code tells you your front axle rating not the spring rating.

8. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

The door also gives you the spring code as well.

Just my .02¢

9. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

But what is the rating? Can you tell me the rating by looking at the code number?

10. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

MY '08, '09, and '10 F250, F350, and F450 Pick up, not chassis cabs, have the Dana 60 and Dana Super 60 front axle.

I can't tell you the physical make up or specific characteristics of the front coil spring, but an AA code is a 7000# rating, a BB is 6500# rating, CC rating is a 6000#, DD rating is a 5600#, EE rating is a 5200#, and FF rating is a 4800# Front GAWR.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  11. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

The Front Axle GVWR will go with the spring codes and the ratings of the springs.

If you have the CC it will be a 6000# Front GAWR rating, EE will have a Front GAWR of 5200#, etc..

12. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

GVWR and GAWR are two different specs.

Just my .02¢

13. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Yeah, typo on my part. I meant Front GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) vs. GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating).......as there is no such thing as Front Axle GVWR.

I had it right in the second part of my post :D

14. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

15. 353628

353628 Junior Member

Just got my new F250 diesal last wednesday, installed plow this weekend - I made sure found one with the snow plow package cause it meant a $1,000 credit for snow plow use - Yes it has the 6,000 GVW front springs. Was looking at one with the heavy front suspension and dual alternator package - but Ford says thats doesn't qualify for snowplow. Put a new 9-2 Boss XT on it, don't even know its there, the truck handles it well.

16. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

353628 Did you get finance through Ford to get the 1000 dollar credit???? I just bought a 2010 F-250 Snowprep package and they said i didnt quilify because I didnt go through ford?

17. 353628

353628 Junior Member

Yes, I went through Ford Credit @ 1 -1/2% interest -

18. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

19. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

I was told it only applies if you go through Ford Credit, But they were nice and got me a dealer discount on my Western 8.5 MVP, and a dealer discount on my spray-on bed linner and rocker panels and that saved me 500 bucks. I tell you what I really am glad I went with the Armaline Rocker panels. Save my but last night when a VW Bug size ice chunk slipped off a pile and scraped down the side of my brand new truck with 170 miles on it.

20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Man, all good info...nobody skips a beat on this site, I love it.

Thanks for the assistance.