1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 fagw?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 09Daxman, Dec 24, 2009.

1. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

I have been reading up on somethings and doing some research as I would like to get a plow for my truck next year(2009 cc/sb chevy duramax) and I was wondering what is the FAGW is on it? I know there are what 2 different ratings? 4800 and 5200 I think they are? How do I figure out what one I have? Thanks

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Open your drivers door and there should be a sticker there listing the front axle weight and rear axle weight. :nod:
  3. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

Awesome! thanks alot, I wonder what I have and I wonder if it will be enough for a blizzard 810 plow or a boss V plow. I got some more research to do once I find out with it is.
  4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

If you go by the numbers, anything beyond a straight blade is too much for the truck. Currently the highest FAWR is 4,800, but there is talk for the mid-style revision of upping the 3500 to a 5,200lb front end. The CC/SB is the worst combination for weight distribution, but a set of Timbrens is a good way to mitigate the extra weight up front. My EC/SB/Duramax with my 810, that I used last year, weighed in at 5,340lb on the front - and that was with a 2,400lb skid of salt in the back. The front was at 5,520lb with just the plow and no salt.
  5. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

I did look today before I got to work and it said 4860. So then what would you guys recommend for a plow for me? I would like to get a V plow or an 810 blizzard but at the same time I dont wanna destroy my front end on my truck. So I was thinking about just getting a straight blade, but I would like to do some commercal and staight blades wouldnt the the best or quickest for that. So I need your guys advice.
  6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

you can get a staight blade and then put wings on it. go on the plow sites and they will say what you can put on the truck without being over gvw.
  7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 810 on mine and it carries fine, just go for it!
  8. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

I was actually thinking about that, but I would think it would be a pain to get out everytime to put the wings on.
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There are many guys running Vees or 810s on those trucks. Crank the T-bars some, and install a Timbren type product will help greatly. Also some counterweight behind the rear axle will help too.

Truthfully, I think even an 8 foot heavy duty plow will put you over FAWR.
  10. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

Ya I was out plowing with my cousin today and he has a 97 k2500 with the 6.5 turbo deseil and that thing has a 810 blizzard on it and it handled it like it was nothing. So I probably will just go with cranking on the tbars and some timbren with weight on the back. Then once front end parts start to go I will just upgrade them at that time.