1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 F350 & Boss 9.2VXT

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dmelevsky, Nov 8, 2009.

1. dmelevsky

dmelevsky Junior Member
    from Maine

Quick question. Has anyone cut the plastic deflector below the front bumper when mounting a Boss plow. My dealer removed it, but I think the front looks a little strange without it. If anyone has info. on where to make the cuts that would be a big help.

Thank you!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I have a F-250...Just had a fisher installed...They also left the air dam off....I notched it out and re-installed it
  3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I think on all the fords it has to come off. And I am pretty sure on chevy some plows you need to do a bit more than that.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same here,but they forgot to ask me if they should leave it off or notch it ,so the left it off for now. You should be able to bolt it back on the mark it then make the cut for it.
  5. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

Plastic deflector

My Boss dealer notched mine out .Looks ok.I think better than without.
  6. wnyps

wnyps Member

I have an 08 job 2 truck with the large airdam but i bought a job 1 smaller airdam instead of cutting the larger airdam. MY western clears it just perfect no modifications at all.:salute:
  7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Hold the piece up there and mark it, cut the dam and install the piece.......

I cut mine, looks a bit better than removed IMO......
  8. dmelevsky

dmelevsky Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try this weekend.
  9. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Anybody have the part # for the smaller Job 1 air dam? Or anyone interested in selling a nice condition Job 1 air dam or trading for the larger Job 2 air dam.

Actually, could someone please post some detailed pics as to what it looks like front and back with the cut out. I was wondering if it was something that could be left off in the winter and then put back on in the summer, covering the truck side mount.
  10. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

When I had the plow installed they cut the plastic deflector, they didnt remove it. Cutting it isnt a problem. I think it looks better with it cut then not on at all.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  11. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

Here is a crappy cell phone pic but you can see at the bottom where the deflector is cut, hope this helps.

Coreys truck.jpg
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A cut off wheel on a diegrinder works very well, just mark it and make it smaller then you think and then keep trying the blade untill a perfect fit. Remember it's easy to take more off then put some back. Good Luck.
  13. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

that what we did with the new truck and it looks great