1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty Diesel

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ExecutiveLawns, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Who all out there plows with a 2007-2009 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Cummings with the 6.7L?

How do you like it/ how well does it push? What kind of plow do you have on it?

What kind of fuel economy are you getting out of it and what all have you done to it to get it there (ie. chip, intake, exhaust)?

The reason I am asking is I am looking at buying a new 2009 Ram Heavy Duty quad cab with the 6.7l cummings and the 6 auto trans with 4 wheel drive of course.

Thanks

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I love my 06' 5.9 and it has a ton of power but if I were you I would would look at a new Chev or GMC. The Dodge just doesnt compare to the quality of a GM as far as interior and comfort goes. Lets be honest, you wont own that truck for more than 150,000 miles and thats were the Cummins would start to shine if ya know what I mean.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Is the Cummings an option?

Is it OEM or aftermarket?

I knew Dodge was using Hemi's and Cummins, but not Cummings.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

OK Big Dave :rolleyes:

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like the Powerstrokers! :D

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, I thought he'd be in here already correcting that?!?!? What's the deal?!?!?

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

And to think I used to think of you as a nice guy. :realmad: :gunsfiring:

8. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Is there anyone out there with this truck that i am looking at getting?

Sorry about the understanding about the cummins motor.

However the more I look at trucks here in des moines iowa i really dont see alot of Dodges as company work trucks. I see alot of Chevys and Fords but not alot of dodges.

Why?

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mine has an 07.5 cc/sb with the 6.7 and auto.

He really likes it so far, has a tick over 38k on it. He is getting about 16-18mpg around town and 22+ on the hwy. Truck has 3.73 gears and 265 tires.

Mods-
    Turbo back 4" SS straight pipe (no cat of dpf stuff)
    EGR stuff gone and blocked off
    Smarty Tuner
    Edge screen
    2" leveling kit

Has an 8ft unimount he just got it setup for, hasn't pushed with it yet. It drops about 1" with the blade raised.

I've never driven it, only ridden in it. On the 170hp tune that thing moves if it can get traction.

Pulled 9k with it when it was stock, couldn't tell it was behind him.
    He really likes the factory exhaust brake.

My complaints:
    The seats are uncomfortable, really uncomfortable after a 6hr road trip.
    Boosted 4hi launches are hard on your neck
    And it's to loud when he goes past at 1am and gets on it.
    O, and the pass door panel squeeks sometimes for no reason.

10. cretebaby

It's kinda self explanatory. :cool:

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

well basically, the dodge is such a nice truck, people feel bad working them,and beating them up, so instead they take all the crappy fords and chevys, and beat em to death.

12. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I push more snow with my 04 than my dads F550. That truck will push mountains of snow with some weight in the back

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Cummins motors have more low end torque than you can imagine, so you will have no problem. I've never owned a Cummins but my '00 Dodge 360 will push non stop all day long and most of the time my employee plows in 2WD. Dodge makes really good work trucks, so I would go for it.

14. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Thanks

Thanks guys some good info (for those who put it in). I went ahead and bought the truck today. Its a 2009 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Quad Cab 4x4, It has the Big Horn package with the 6.7L Cummins Diesel. For it I also bought a Western MVP Pro Plus Poly 8.5' v blade to match my other trucks.

Hopefully this thing will move some snow and make me $$$$ this year.

15. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

picturesssss

16. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

you cant tease us like this we need pic's

17. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Pics

Ok guys here are the pics of the new ride. I am doing the whole Hypertech thing tomorrow.
    Also i am probably going to put 285's if not 305 Nitto terragrapplers on it here in the next week or two. the little stock 265's just dont grab the road at all if i give it any gas what so ever they just spin through 3rd gear, I only have 150 miles on it and you can notice it if you look at the tires closely.

18. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Sorry they wouldn't upload last night. They now still will not upload i cant figure out what is wrong. I keep getting "Upload of file failed"

19. cretebaby

Pix are to big?

20. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

waiting....waiting.....waiting... uploaded yet?? :) sorry! I couldn't resist. Mainly because I wanted to get the notice that there were new posts on the thread. Congrats!

Aaron