1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 Chevy Silverado Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JeepPlow18, Nov 17, 2008.

1. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I was just surfing and came across a 2009 Chevy silverado hybrid crew cab. I dont know if someone else posted this already but I looked and didnt come up with anything. Anyways the first hybrid pickup truck is finally hitting the market in 2009. Took them a long time but at first they said it would only be available in a crew cab (pics below) and then the regular and extended cabs to follow. My question is plowing applications? what do you guys think?

Mike

2009_Chevrolet_Silverado_Hybrid_Live.jpg

medium_2011283211_91c2749eb4_o.jpg

medium_2012089772_d9fce8f90f_o.jpg

2. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

3. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking. I believe they called it a "work truck". We will see. Someone on here is bound to try one out with plowing. So whos going to be the guinea pig?:confused:

5. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

This is not the first truck hybrid GM put out, my uncle has had a 1500 hybrid for a year now, his the only one I have see thou

6. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Really? They are calling this one this first one lol. Hey by the way Jordy how is that salt order coming? Thanks

Mike

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think you could even put a snowsport on that truck.

8. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Its a 2500 so you should be able to put a 8' western on it. Im not 100% sure on that but I did see a 2500 crew cab with a 7.5' or a 8' I couldnt really tell.

9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

nice i like the bonus pic!...

they have had many prototypes in the last years i saw aa hybrid diesel a few years ago. but it looks like they are finally pulling the trigger on one

10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

idk. idc if i you can or can't plow with it....its just lame lol. You can't put bitchin exhaust on a hybrid now can you?!

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Sure you can, it will just sound like a honda!!

12. HC plower

HC plower Member

No it is not, it's a 1500 with a reduced towing capacity. It uses the same exact system in the tahoe/yukon hybrids, not the previous light hybrid system used that was basically a big ass alternator that supplied a battery.

13. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Hybrid 1/2 ton Chevy pickups have been available since 2006! Nothing new guys. My neighbor got one December 05' it was his Christmas present to himself.

14. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Not only would durability probably be an issue, but if its like most hybrids, when you need the power, which is almost all the time while plowing, it going to be running on the gas engine not the electric motor.

I think

15. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Yeah, but with those std high mount headlights you would not need aftermarket! LOL

16. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

the only thing that thing can haul is a brief case its made for a office man.

17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I saw one 2 days ago with a homesteader on it at t&t body king

18. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

It dosen't look like there is a place for a second battery....That engine compartment is pretty full....

19. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What is that on the floor in the back seat area?????

20. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I think your thinking of either the flex fuel models or the displacement on demand(DoD) models. 09 is the first year for TRUE hybrid trucks in the GM lineup.