1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 Chevy 3500 First Gear Slipping

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PGHplowguy, Oct 30, 2015.

1. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

Hey guys,

I have a 2009 Chevy 3500 dump 4x4. Over time when put into drive and hitting the gas the RPM's go up but the truck does not accelerate. When letting go of the gas and waiting a second it then accelerates fine. All the gears also shift fine without any power lost. The truck only has 35xxx miles on it and has been well taken care of. So I wouldn't think the transmission even though the symptoms make sense.

Somebody told me that it is the O2 (oxygen) sensor is bad. Salt could have clogged it up some. Does this make sense to you guys? Think replacing that will solve the problem?

Thank you!

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Next time it does try actually shift into 1st. Sometime it can be just a harness issue or safety switch. Be best if you knew someone with a scanner that can read the tranny codes and info. Had an issue where safety switch was telling the tranny it was in drive when I had it in reverse. This tends to piss off these electronic transmissions.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Trans. Get it looked at.

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

x2, not worth trying to figure it out.Had issues with my Allison and the experts figured it out and fixed it for 420$I thought speed sensor,nssw,harness,tcm,and more.Slipping, banging,I thought it was toast!