1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 2500HD Front Strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Sledhed05, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sledhed05

Sledhed05 Junior Member

Where have you mounted hie-a-way strobes in the headligts of your 2008-2009 2500HD's? I put the rears in the reverse lights no problem, having trouble finding a spot in the headlights. Pictures would be awesome. Are the for lights an option? Thanks for the help!
    :dizzy:

2. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Senior Member

I put my strobes in the headlights and the reverse lights.I have an 08 3500 Hd in the front the only place you can really put them is right on the top light at the top drill down i will post some pics on here tomorrow for ya. problem is to take these lights out you have to take the inner fender out to undo 3 bolts so i just left them in and drilled from the top which left a bit of dust in the headlights they lost that bright shine but when it warms up in the spring a will take them out and clean them properly

3. Sledhed05

Sledhed05 Junior Member

Thanks for the help, I'll look forward to the pics! I had a typo above, I meant to ask if the fog lights are an option as well. I think the headlights are better for off axis visibility?

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i put mine in the amber running lights up front on the inside facing out. works well for me.

5. Mr Bigblock

Hope this helps
    [​IMG]

6. Mr Bigblock

7. Mr Bigblock

8. Mr Bigblock

These are a very deep blue strobe[​IMG]

9. Mr Bigblock

Close Up[​IMG]

10. Sledhed05

Sledhed05 Junior Member

Bigblock, thanks for the pics. The Chev is a little different, but I think it will still work that way. What size hole did you drill?

11. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

With most strobes it is a 3/4 in or 1 in hole. I put mine in my 08 in the side of the head light I will get pics up tommorrow for you.

12. Mr Bigblock

I cant remember but you need a hole saw to do it thier is two pieces od plastic you need to driil threw their is the outer part which is black then the inner part which is the headlight just watch the dust it bonds to the chrome in the headlight, as long as the hole saw is a c-hair bigger then light you will be ok.

13. Mr Bigblock

the ideal way is to take them out turn it upside down and drill up so very little dust goes in but that a ton of work i didnt have time.

14. Mr Bigblock

Problem with putting them in the side is out lights here are blue, mixed with the orange it will look like crap plus keeping them up high in the top light everyone can see them when we r plowing.

15. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the issue I se time and time again...... They put them in spots which ( in most states ) violate the law. You can not have anything in the front white lens that flashes. A amber in the amber area is fine. You can't have your red brake lights flash either. Amber is the safe color.

I know people do violate the law but, I for one do not want that type of arrest on my record. ( it's more than a ticket in IL )