1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 2500hd eclb torsion bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by marylandbigb, Mar 5, 2010.

1. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

my truck has the snow plow prep package it came with the LGK/RGK torsion bars if i install the LGL/RGL torsion bars will the truck sit up higher??? i know the front axle weight for the gk's are 4800lbs and the gl's are 4860 doesnt seem like a whole lot of difference!! anyone have any clue???

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If you are going to do a swap you might as well do the XG's.

3. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

No, it will not sit higher while unladen. It will, however, produce a more stiff ride when you don't have the plow on. When the plow is on, it may not sag as much, but the best thing out there to compensate is to install Timbrens.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

5. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

thats the first i have seen of a front air shock that looks good i dont see where they say how much of a lift u can get out of it as far as the xg torsion bars anyone have the gm part numbers by chance???

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

left side 15732338, right side 15732339