1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009 2500 Truck Shake

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jaynen, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

So we were out plowing the other night and when i had to accelerate through real slushy slippy snow the truck would shake violently coming from the rear tires. I was in 2wd. 4wd doesnt seem to happen. Salter was almost empty so the back end was light. Has anyone else had this happen? Ive never had this before. Usually the tires just spin and the truck doesnt shake. Any ideas?

2. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Sounds like the rear differential didn't lock.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Don't worry about it, my 2009 does it too! Always has, I think it's bad axle wrap or whatever you want to call it, ladder / traction bars are probably the only way to fix it

4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Think your right. Just did a little research and you can get wheel hop which is what it feels like. Although the one video shows his drive shaft laying on the ground all twisted up afterwards lol. Ill just take it easy or use 4wd. Thanks for the info.