1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2009-2010 plowing season...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by N&CLandscaping, Jan 8, 2009.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

To start off, I love plowing lol. Okay with that aside, I hate residential accounts. With that said, next year I plan on bidding on a mall in my area and a bjs. I have no idea how to price either. Can someone help me? The mall is not that big. Its the meadow Glen Mall in Medford, to be exact. I dont know the exact sq. footage, but it is greter than 100,000 sq.ft. The bjs, roughly 60K sq.ft. Can someone help me with pricing and how to go about bidding on such a property. Thanks

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Dude... I wouldn't be so detailed as to give the exact location. Now there are alot of guys who will assume this is up for bid and chase it.

"If you see a sign for an auction that you plan on attending, tear it down."

3. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

figure out how long it takes you to plow x amount of sq footage then figure the sq footage at each lot take x multiply that by your hourly rate and there is your price hopefully :dizzy: this is not you after the explanation

4. N&CLandscaping

from Medford

I have no idea if this is up for bid. I am sure there will be other guys bidding on it anyway and im sure someone will underbid everyone. I just need some help on understanding commercial bidding and how to even obtain information on a bid.

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

for information i would either call or go in person to speak with the manager or property management co. tellt hem who you are adn waht youre interesetd in. then
    ask them if its open for bid and the specfics of thier bidding process. once you have this use this info here
    do all thsi and present a bid (according to thier specs) in a nice professional manner and hope to get the bid

6. N&CLandscaping

from Medford

When would companies like a mall be looking at new bids? Im thinking October maybe? jw. would it be worth it going in there now?

7. ColliganLands

you could try now but id say jump in there late august early september and then go back in october if they werent looking before.
    i got calls from property management cos in august but i couldnt take it on as i only had 1 truck and no sander. but next year im going after some small commercial lots
    good luck

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Probably next Spring or early Summer. Yes, I'd go see if I could talk to the manager now. Ask if they have a "Request for Proposal" (spells out exactly what is expected of you). In your proposal, be sure to address each point of the RFP. Be thorough, but concise; direct and avoid elaboration. Don't answer anything that wasn't asked (sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised...).

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

What kinda mall has a 2&1/4 acre lot?

10. He's in Medford... If you've ever been there you'd understand... lol

N & C, can't help you on the bidding but let me tell ya I know where you are coming from with residentials. They are such a PITA.... lol.

11. N&CLandscaping

from Medford

haha yeah lol. You been to Medford?

12. ColliganLands

haha i have and i completely agree with that statement lol

13. I've been all over man. I have driven the entire eastern seaport, southern central and south western states. I drove (moved) from Florida all the way to California. Took me several weeks. I've traveled all of Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, New Mexico, Tennessee and California. Back in my computer networking days I was in charge or managing the Internet network for every city in the entire eastern seaport. At the push of a button I could knock millions and millions of people offline. HAHA

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

60 k for a BJ? Sounds like a lot?:D

15. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

I dont care who you are that there is funny!!!

slugger

16. KCB

KCB Senior Member

13 posts until someone got it right. Thanks Grandview, you read my mind:salute:

17. Salisbury1975

Salisbury1975 Junior Member
    from Detroit

Google Earth Pro edition will allow you to scale lot ($400 for 1 yr subscription**well worth the money), SIMA says you can plow 1 acre per hr. at 100% effeciency ie. not too many traffic isalnds, back blading ect. multiply by your rate.