1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Tundra Plow Pics - Really

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Summerlawn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Summerlawn

Summerlawn Member

This is a 2008 Toyota Tundra with a 7.5 midweight mounted on it. This has nothing done to the Tundra to hold the extra weight. This is totally factory so far. The front end drops 1" when you mount the plow and one additional inch when you lift it. Timbrens or airbags will help, but it does better than I expected with no adjustments. Enjoy the pictures.

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I would definately advise Timbrens for that app. Looks good though. Don't forget to get some action shots!
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good -- I'm slowly opening my mind to brands other than Fisher! Question, though: did they hack up the lower valance/trim on the truck to install the mount?
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Those trucks are sharp but I love my diesel power. Did you throw any weight in the bed to balance that sucker out?
  5. Summerlawn

Summerlawn Member

all they had to do was unbolt the tow hooks and install the mount....not cutting....i am going to get some timbrens or airbags....definelty needs something
  6. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

I got the Timberens on my truck, you'll definetly be riding around on em for sure. I think you'll be better suited getting heavier duty front springs. OME makes 'em 300# heavier rated, about the biggest I found for my truck (Tacoma) but you night be able to find something a little stronger for the Tundra. I just didn't like the idea of crushing my suspension and found it a pain to get the plow on + off due to the major spring sag. Good luck either way, nice truck!

MAR4CARS Senior Member

That looks sharp .The head gear and lights match that truck perfectly.
  8. srg

srg Junior Member
    from USA

^ +1
    the lights match the front end of the trunk very well
    u'll get plenty of light with those puppies

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

very nice, but with them stopping production arent you worried about aftermarket help??? that was the stopping point for me. but im still on the fence.
  10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

NOSE DIVE! does that have torsion bars?
  11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Tundra runs a coilover IFS, so no t-bars.
  12. Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble Junior Member

Here's What it looks like with a Fisher.

13. Summerlawn

Summerlawn Member

I only use my Tundra as a back up truck, so I haven't used it yet. How does yours work with the Fisher?
  14. Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble Junior Member

Works great. Very happy with it.