1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Tundra Fisher 7.6 SD

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by atrinh15, Nov 1, 2012.

1. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

Just put a leveling kit and a 7.6 SD Fisher plow on my rig. The only thing Im not to sure is that I cant see the plow over the dash even when the plow is up. Im going to have to extend the Antennas on the end or get a bigger plow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The 7.5' Fisher SD is hard to see when your in a Tundra. With my Dad's Tundra and 7.5' SD I can only see the top of the lights and a little bit of the plow when it's raised. I wish I had a 7.5' HD on it.

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking truck, you will be fine with the SD you will feel it lift.

4. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

Thanks. I know I still see the headgear go up. Just way different than my blizzard plow or my HD plow on my F350.

5. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

6. mercer_me

Nice looking truck and plow. Thumbs Up

7. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

Nice set up....do you plow commercially or? My x blade when raised, seems like it covers the plow lights even :)

8. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

So I really want to put a lift kit or leveling kit in my truck and set it up for a snow plow but i really dont know to much about doing so I would love to learn and do it myself and what is a good kit to a bad kit

9. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Nice Truck

Nice truck,my next Tundra will be the crewmax platnium for personal use.

10. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

The leveling kit would be your best bet for the money. Not sure how much height you need or like but the leveling kit still makes it easy loading and unloading the truck an ease. Also you really dont loose MPG's. There are so many kits on ebay. Just get a kit that has a kit for front and rear plus the front diff drop. I got the Ready Lift kit.

Install isnt bad at all. Not sure how mechanically inclined you are but it should take roughly 3-4 hrs on a garage floor. Only thing is that you need to get an alignment after.

Thanks I love my Tundra.

11. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Thanks man I am going to look into them after the holiday I will be picking up the truck side on Wednesday got a sweet dealer took longer than I wanted but finally found the whole truck side package on Craigslist

12. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

thanks atrinh15 installed the push plates before i was called in for dinner the rest will be in this weekend thanks again

13. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

Hey guys sold the SD plow and picked up a XBLADE for this year. Here are a couple pics. Let me know what you think. No counter weight. Ill end up putting a couple of sand bags to help out with traction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  14. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Is that an 8' or one of the rare 7.5' X blades?

15. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

7.5 xblade. There ain't to many in are area.

16. mercer_me

The Xblade looks great. I wish my Dad had a HD or Xblade on his Tundra. If I ever own a Tundra I'll either put a Fisher 8' HD or a Boss 7.5' V plow on it.

17. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

atrinh it looks great!!! I love the way the X-Blade looks on the tundra.

18. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

Thanks JTK324. What did you end up putting on your tundra? This time last year you were installing a plow how did you like it?

19. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

The truck looks awesome, make sure you put a bunch of weight in the back. Did you ever see spudmans tundra with the X-blade? Look for his posts, he did the billstein 5100 leveling kit and timbrens all around, he also put around 880lbs of ballast on it. Check out his tundra, Spudman, Nice truck though

20. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

Thanks man. I actually have no ballast at all and it does just fine. Traction sometimes depending on what im doing but for the most part its fine. Ballast never hurts though.

I hit spudman up before I got the blade and he told me had no issues. If I remember correct he got rid of his truck.