1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Tundra DC W/ 7.5 mvp

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by BLIZARD BUSTERS, Aug 6, 2008.

1. BLIZARD BUSTERS

BLIZARD BUSTERS Member

This saterday i am going to pick up my new western 7.5 western mvp it is going on my new 2008 tundra dc they told me this is not recommended but if they seen all the **** i do with this truck they would be suprised i put this truck to the test many times already and the toyota deal i bought it from has a 8.5 boss v plow on theres and it works fine i also got the extended warranty that says its void if u snowplow but when i bought it they wrote it into the deal warranty will cover all plowing i will post pics soon as i get it put on might be a week or so i dont know though about how i am going to runa adouble battery setup though i already hava 130 amp alternator but maybe someone on here can help

2. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

Haha You might have to wait a while for a response.

Very, very few Toyota guys on here.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

but I think the yota guys (and many others) stopped reading when it was obvious all of his sentences were flowing along terribly without any punctuation.

4. BLIZARD BUSTERS

BLIZARD BUSTERS Member

Got It Today!!!!!!!

Got It Today Putting It On Tommorrow Wiill Take Pics

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use the search feature, this topic has been covered many times.

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I think your going to find that battery reserve power is the least of your concerns.

Any pics yet? How about a side shot with the plow in the air. :nod:

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Why are you asking to see that? :jester:

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe he wants to see how big a tire will fit in the rear wheel wells:jester:

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking of buying a Tundra and puting a 6" lift on it, would that make it better for plowing? :D

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you run a set of 38.5 X 4.5 X 16 Boggers it will. :D

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That will look sweet with my new Boss V.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Any updates? Pics after install?

15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ya WAT HELL!!:mad:

16. BLIZARD BUSTERS

BLIZARD BUSTERS Member

Yes Pics are Coming

Sorry guys i have been working really long hours lately i do have the plow on but i have been able to get any pics looks really great though i will try this weekend

17. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

Im sure it will work fine...I am running a fisher on my 2007 tundra dc and it plows better than my previous 2006 chevy 3500 did. Ps. You will find a lot of people on here snickering at you, and the fact that you have a tundra to plow with...don't mind them, they are just ignorant about the new tundra's and assume they are all just bigger tacoma's..But you have to post pics asap :nod:

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd have to say that is a blanket opinion.

You guys may both run the same truck but your not in the same situation as far as the truck handling the weight of the plow. Blizzards truck is being expected to carry a plow that will be AT A MINIMUM OF 200 lbs heavier than that of the Fisher your running.Two different situations

Agreed, a Tundra makes an excellent plow truck when combined with the correctly proportionate plow. No different than any other late model 1/2 ton truck with a comparable FAWR and chassis combination.

And yes, I've plowed with a Tundra before...

Not even Toyota can defy the laws of physics or gravity.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Some guys in NASCAR are arguing that.:jester:

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Any updates???